Are you a passionate developer, with WordPress or WooCommerce experience?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Where you live is not so important, as long as you are in approximately the same time zone as us (CET), and are eager to create value for our clients.
Do you want to work in an exciting company in growth, which also collaborates with companies that have a central role in society? Are you motivated by helping customers become more independent, by implementing digital solutions?
Then keep on reading!
Who are we?
Dekode is a Norwegian company that offers consulting, design and development of websites on WordPress, and prepares mobile-adapted web solutions for a number of different clients. Our goal is to create digital tools that help our customers become more independent.
Dekode has its headquarters in Oslo (Norway), but we also have remote employees in several locations in Norway as well as Romania, Sweden and the UK. As long as you are a WordPress developer, have the opportunity to work from home, and work within more or less the same time zone, you can work from wherever you want.
In Dekode, we work with many key players in society, such as Save the Children, the Norwegian cancer association and the National library. Are you wondering what we are working on, and what projects you can get involved in? Take a look here.
At Dekode we are creative technologists. We bring designers and developers closer together to create the best digital user experiences. Our designers understand the technological potential of WordPress, and our developers take creative responsibility for making user-friendly solutions. This creates a cost-effective development process and makes better results.
As creative technologists, we also want to decode technology and make the complex easy and understandable. We aim to make great communication tools that increase the digital competence of our clients, and make them self-sufficient in their daily operations of digital tasks.
Our dream developer
Below you will find a list of our requirements for the dream candidate. We hope you can tick off most of the boxes on this list, but you don’t have to have a full strike to apply with us, as long as you are an expert in your field. For example, you don’t have to be very strong in PHP, if you are very strong in React or vice versa.
We are looking for developers who:
- Has experience with WordPress and / or WooCommerce from previous jobs or freelance work.
- Can refer to projects that cover relevant technologies (we always want to see code)
- You are proud of the fact that your code is structured, scalable and robust.
- You are very strong in PHP and have experience with creating your own plugins, as well as creating robust integrations with 3rd party applications.
- You hope you are experienced with React.
- You must be consistent in html5 + semantics and CSS .
- If you are skilled in SEO, Universal Design, GDPR and frontend performance, it is a bonus.
- You must at least be aware of what must be done in accordance with laws and regulations when it comes to GDPR and WAD.
- You speak and write English fluently.
We believe the right candidate is responsible, caring, pragmatic and communicative (we consider these qualities necessary for success in the role).
We hope you have a “happy to help“ attitude. We hope that you sincerely believe that we work better together than alone – and are able to work in teams even if you do not physically meet.
We hope you are confident enough to admit mistakes and lack of skills, and that you see this as an opportunity to learn and improve yourself.
- Develop and implement online solutions for customers, together with your team in Dekode.
- Occasional dialogue with customers, always close follow-up with the team, regardless of whether you have a lot to do with the customer or not.
- Be part of the company’s delivery of new services for customers.